This is a good dairy sub but also just pretty damn delicious.
* 1 cup raw organic cashews
* 4 cups hot water
* 1 small lemon, juiced and zested
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (you can also play with other spices: garlic, cayenne, cumin etc. Go crazy!)
* 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
* 1 roasted jalepeno (for spicy cheeze)
In a large bowl add the raw cashews and hot water. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to soak for 2-4 hours. Drain the cashews and rinse well.
Add the soaked cashews, salt, nutritional yeast, jalepeno and the lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend on high and stir frequently scraping down the sides of the bowl. Keep processing the mixture until it is very smooth, and there are no lumps.
Fold in the lemon zest (optional) and add to a serving bowl. You can also add a bit more water to get more of a creamy texture and store in a squeeze bottle (That's my preference anyway).
tags: vegetarian, vegan